Add to your order
Enjoy fast, FREE delivery, exclusive deals and award-winning movies & TV shows with Prime
Try Prime and start saving today with Fast, FREE Delivery
Tuesday, June 6
Ships from: Amazon.com Sold by: Amazon.com
Thursday, June 8
Ships from: Amazon Sold by: Amazon Warehouse
Other Sellers on Amazon
& FREE Shipping
87% positive over last 12 months
& FREE Shipping
84% positive over last 12 months
& FREE Shipping
88% positive over last 12 months
Apple AirPods Pro (2nd Generation) Wireless Earbuds, Up to 2X More Active Noise Cancelling, Adaptive Transparency, Personalized Spatial Audio, MagSafe Charging Case, Bluetooth Headphones for iPhone
- Free returns are available for the shipping address you chose. You can return the item for any reason in new and unused condition: no shipping charges
- Learn more about free returns.
Purchase options and add-ons
- 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone
- Mail-in or carry-in repairs
- Express Replacement Service
- Hardware coverage for your headphones, battery, and included charging cable
- Unlimited incidents of accidental damage protection, each subject to a service fee of $29, plus applicable tax
- Get direct access to Apple experts for questions on a wide range of topics, including using Siri and Bluetooth connectivity
- AppleCare products must be purchased with an applicable Apple device. Terms & Conditions will be delivered via email post-enrollment and can be downloaded through your Digital Items Page (Your Account-->Games and Software)
- AppleCare+ will automatically be enrolled at the time of your Apple device’s shipment, and Proof of Coverage will be emailed within 3 days after your device ships
- AppleCare+ for Headphones - AirPods Pro (2 Years)$29.00 279
- Unlimited repairs for accidental damage
- Repairs backed by Apple
- 24/7 priority access to Apple experts
- No Thanks
Protect your purchase
|Model Name||AirPods Pro|
|Form Factor||In Ear|
About this item
- RICHER AUDIO EXPERIENCE – The Apple-designed H2 chip pushes advanced audio performance even further, resulting in smarter noise cancellation and more immersive sound. The low-distortion, custom-built driver delivers crisp, clear high notes and deep, rich bass in stunning definition. So every sound is more vivid than ever..Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, you may not obtain the correct sound qualities or call performance. Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ear
- NEXT-LEVEL ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION – Up to 2x more Active Noise Cancellation than the previous AirPods Pro for dramatically less noise on your commute, or when you want to focus. Adaptive Transparency lets you comfortably hear the world around you, adjusting for intense noise—like sirens or construction—in real time.
- CUSTOMIZABLE FIT – Now with four pairs of silicone tips (XS, S, M, L) to fit a wider range of ears and provide all-day comfort. The tips create an acoustic seal to help keep out noise and secure AirPods Pro in place.
- SOUND ALL AROUND – Personalized Spatial Audio surrounds you in sound tuned just for you. It works with dynamic head tracking to immerse you deeper in music and movies.
- HIGHER LEVEL OF CONTROL – Now you can swipe the stem to adjust volume. Press it to play and pause music or to answer and end a call, or hold it to switch between Active Noise Cancellation and Adaptive Transparency.
- A LEAP IN BATTERY LIFE – Up to 6 hours of listening time with Active Noise Cancellation enabled — 33% more than AirPods Pro (1st generation). With the charging case, you can get 30 hours of total listening time with Active Noise Cancellation enabled — 6 hours longer than AirPods Pro (1st generation).
- A MORE CAPABLE CASE – Keep track of AirPods Pro with Precision Finding and a built-in speaker. A lanyard loop keeps your AirPods Pro close. Charge with an Apple Watch or MagSafe charger, or use the Lightning connector or a Qi-certified charger.
- MAGICAL EXPERIENCE – Quick access to Siri by saying “Hey Siri”. Easy setup, in-ear detection, and automatic switching between devices. Audio Sharing lets you share a song or a show between two sets of AirPods on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV.
Compare Apple AirPods
|Price||From: $199.99||From: $99.00||From: $169.00||From: $479.99|
|Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency Mode||-||-|
|Chip||Apple H2 headphone chip U1 chip in charging case for Precision Finding||Apple H1 headphone chip||Apple H1 headphone chip||Apple H1 headphone chip (each ear cup)|
|Hey Siri||Always on||Always on||Always on||Always on|
|Personalized Spatial Audio with dynamic head tracking||-|
|Battery life (listening time on one charge)||Up to 6 hours of listening time||Up to 5 hours of listening time||Up to 6 hours of listening time||Up to 20 hours of listening time|
|Battery life (listening time with charging case)||Up to 30-hours||More than 24-hours||Up to 30-hours||-|
|LED Charging Light Location||Front of Case||Top of Case||Front of case||-|
AirPods Pro (2nd generation)
AirPods Pro (each): 0.19 ounce (5.3 g), MagSafe Charging Case: 1.79 ounces (50.8 g)
AirPods (each): 0.94 by 0.86 by 1.22 inches (24.0 by 21.8 by 30.9 mm), MagSafe Charging Case: 1.78 by 0.85 by 2.39 inches (45.2 by 21.7 by 60.6 mm)
AirPods Sensors (each):
Dual beamforming microphones, Inward-facing microphone, Skin-detect sensor, Motion-detecting accelerometer, Speech-detecting accelerometer, Touch control
Power and Battery
Up to 6 hours of listening time on a single charge (up to 5.5 hours with Personalized Spatial Audio and Head Tracking enabled), Up to 4.5 hours of talk time with a single charge. AirPods Pro with MagSafe Charging Case: Up to 30 hours of listening time, Up to 24 hours of talk time, 5 minutes in the case provides around 1 hour of listening time or around 1 hour of talk time
Up to 2x more Active Noice Cancellation compared to AirPods Pro (1st Generation).
What's in the box
Reviewed in the United States on May 22, 2023
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I’m firmly within the Mac universe (iPhone, iPad Pro, MacBook Pro), and pretty much every earbud review you read presumptively points Apple users to these. I get it, but frankly I’d never been overwhelmed by the audio quality of my AirPods Pro, and as someone who travels for work the ANC was very mediocre. Additionally, the “seamless connectivity” between Apple devices that all the reviews tout is, in actual practice, quite annoying to me when the airpods automatically and presumptively switch devices without my input.
With this in mind, below are my pros and cons for the AirPods Pro 2:
- ANC is better than v1. Not as good as the Bose QCII which I also tried, but very solid. I could still slightly hear my wife on conference calls in the other room of our home office (with Bose I heard nothing) but it wasn’t disturbing.
- Connectivity seemed solid. Instant connection to iPhone. I also set up connection with my Windows partition and no issues (some static but I think it was interference from another device on my desk, and not anything to do with the AirPods).
- Same lightweight feel as prior AirPods.
- Nice haptic-like controls for pause, playback, forward, etc. Easy to switch between ANC and Transparency mode.
- Transparency mode was also solid. Not a big deal for me as I’m more interested in blocking out other noise, but I understand that for some this is important.
- Mic was good. Took a couple calls and the other party heard me clearly. Similar experience w v1 airpods.
- Overall audio quality is very good, but nothing special. I’m mostly saying this in comparison to the Bose; I’m no audiophile but sound on the Bose was just richer, more depth or something. Not sure if the ANC had anything to do with it, but the Bose was just a joy to listen to; the AirPods were good/adequate but again nothing special.
- Controls. In typical Apple fashion, they give you none. Want more bass? Too bad, Apple has already optimized that for you. Treble? Same thing, Apple says just trust us, we’ve got it covered. They do offer controls for switching off some of their other features (Spatial Audio, for example) but it’s a shame that Apple doesn't recognize (or care) that different people have different preferences for EQ settings.
- Case. They’ve added a lot of features to the new case (none of which I really care about) but I’ve never liked how slick the v1 case was, and these are no different. Just a personal preference though; the case is still small and very portable, which obviously trumps texture.
- One other annoyance: No idea why Apple feels that, by default, I need to be sent an alert any time I’m more than 100 feet or so away from my airpods. You can turn this off in the Find My app, but again when I’m driving my daughter to school or whatever I don’t require a notification on where my AirPods are located.
In summary, while I generally love Apple products, I just wasn’t overly impressed by these. To be honest, if I hadn’t stepped outside the box and tried something from a competitor (Bose) then I probably would have been fine with these. Again, there are definite improvements to the original AirPods Pro (if I had to put a number on it I’d say they are 35-40% “better”), and they are way beyond adequate in every way. However, due in no small part to Apple’s approach to sound quality (ie not even providing the user with some basic controls for customization), I returned these.
I will say that one thing I’ve learned through reading dozens of reviews is that each person’s use case is different, and that the best earbuds for one person may be different than for someone else. And in terms of the best “all around” earbuds for Apple users, the AirPod Pro 2, as the professional reviews indicate, may very well be the best fit. However, if you are looking for best in class ANC and sound quality, I’m not sure all will be impressed with these. I certainly wasn’t.
As for the security measures, amazon does it right. They have multiple ways: AirPods have to be received on hand by someone (if not the delivery comes the next working day to retry) they add to it when by the app giving you security numbers that you have to tell the delivery guy in order to receive the package. And also, in the package that is sealed they name on the tag an almost not valuable item like (AA batteries or something in that range) to maybe avoid wrong person stealing a worth less item when in reality there are AirPods in the package.
And wow, what a difference. They fit great, these are the only earbuds that ever have fit me (including the 1st generation airpods pro). They come with multiple ear tips too, and I've been able to find a combination that suits me.
The gimmicky features aren't that interesting to me, like the spatial audio and taking a scan of your ear or whatever. These are also supposed to auto switch between devices, that's never worked right (but really I prefer to switch manually anyway). I don't have a device with a u1 "find stuff" chip, so I haven't tried that. Fortunately I haven't needed to either.
What I like is the sound quality, which is very good, it has a rich range of highs and even somehow manages to get some pretty good bass in the lows. I also like the portability, and (compared to the first gen) I love the silly lanyard hole so I can put a strap on the case so I don't drop it.
But what really shines is the noise canceling. I find better than all of the over the ear ANC headphones I've tried, including some of the very expensive Bose and Sony headphones. And even in the case where it might not be quite as good, the fact that they are tiny and portable makes the utility so much higher. I've used these when using power tools, on airplanes, on trains, the freeway, or sometimes when my kids are talking (kidding (sort of)). The noise canceling is actually good enough that if someone is standing right in front of you and talking at a normal level, you almost can't hear them at all. And in extremely loud environments like airplanes, these cut the noise down better than some of the noise-cancelling headsets made for pilots and crew that I've used.
The transparency mode is also extremely good, way better than the first gen. And, it's a great deal more comfortable wearing these with transparency mode on (it makes my ears feel less "plugged").
Making calls is good too. Other people say that they didn't know that I was on headphones.
These also don't get "warm" in my ears either, something that I've noticed with other earbuds and over-the-ear cans.
The battery life is also fine. The specs say 4-5 hours or something, but that's plenty. Even on a long flight I usually won't be wearing them the for more than a couple hours at a time.
Tip: If you have an Apple Watch, you can charge the Airpods' case using the Apple Watch charger. I recently discovered this by accident.
If I had a complaint, it's that sometimes I'd prefer that they had a physical connection to a wire that was around my neck, so I could take them out for a sec without worrying about dropping them. That and they are quite expensive if all you want to do is listen to music. But if you don't mind the price tag and want an extremely nice set of earbuds, these are it.
Top reviews from other countries
I do recommend spending the extra 40 dollars on Apple Care +, whether or not I'll use it, for devices so small and fragile I've already learned this is more than a good idea.
Finally, some nitpicks, not enough to deduct stars, but enough to note:
1. The case lid can slightly shift side to side with little force, although the hinge and assembly are very high quality and have no signs of wear or weak points, this is notable.
2. The firmware/AirPods settings interface is pretty buggy at times, the case chimes toggle is sometimes inaccessible, and the whole submenu of iOS Settings dedicated to AirPods management is a bit jankier and less smooth than the rest of the experience. In addition to this, the Batteries widget also is slightly jankier than expected, only showing full stats when both buds are in.
3. This is surely the least important, but occasionally there'll be a noticeable (5 second +) delay between inserting the buds, and the in-ear sound playing, or audio going from mono to stereo.
In conclusion, they're well worth it, I purchased them on sale at 299.99, and buying Apple Care + basically brought it back to MSRP.
Upgrading from a pair of first gen AirPods, the AirPods Pro are a massive upgrade if you listen to music a lot on the go.
First to mention of course is their seamless integration into the Apple ecosystem, as soon as you open the box you're ready to listen. The different modes - noise cancellation and transparency mode, can be controlled from a dedicated option in your settings or from the action center. These modes can also be controlled through the stem, which I find become quite intuitive and easy to use.
The features continue as you get access to a spatial audio setup which scans your ears to create a personal profile. Personally I don't use this as I find it compromises the sound, but it feels quite immersive.
Noise cancelling works great, it's perfect for transit or working out. Transparency mode is also very useful if you still want to be able to hear your surroundings or other people, but I think its level of volume might take getting used to.
Sound quality is very good, the little bit of extra bass makes the AirPods so much fun to use, and instrument separation is much improved. Treble and highs have good clarity, but could use a bit more.
TLDR: Great noise cancellation, comfortable, easy to use and a ton of fun. I have these in my ears literally all day.
- A much punchier and refined sound
- Spatial Audio is incredible
- Transparency mode is untouchable
- Amazing NC for earbuds
- Battery life improvements
- Better mic quality
- Trackable case and speaker for Find My
- Can’t adjust the noise cancellation (I feel like it’s a bit too strong for some situations)
Honestly, if you are in the market for new earbuds, heavy into the Apple ecosystem or want to upgrade from the first gen Pros, these are well worth it. Cheer!